I saw this floating around a while ago, can’t even remember where I got it from but surveys are always fun!
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
Honey nut cheerios. I’ve been on a serious cereal kick lately.
2. How much water do you drink a day?
I try to drink 2 nalgenes worth of water (64 oz) every day at work plus about 3 glasses in the evening, so we’ll say about 80 oz worth.
3. What is your current favorite workout?
Dog walking. Even though it’s nearly October the temperatures here in south Texas are still topping out in the upper 90′s which I deem too hot for anything but walking. Hopefully as the temperature drops we’ll switch out walking for running.
4. How many calories do you eat a day?
Probably about 1,700-1,800 but I honestly don’t know. Counting calories is mentally unhealthy for me so I don’t do it.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
We just got out first NatureBox and the blueberry figgy bars are seriously awesome! Definitely my new favorite snack!
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
Lately we’ve been making up a big batch of black beans and brown rice on Sunday afternoons and mixing that with a little corn to take for lunch each day. It’s easy, super cheap, and pretty healthy.
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
None, ha! I really don’t like strength training but if I had to pick one body part I guess it’d be arms.
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
Legs, no question. Other than the occasional squats or lunges I never do leg strength training. I should probably start though given the issues I’ve had with my hips while running.
9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
Anything salty. As soon as I walk in the door after work I immediately go right for the tortilla chips. It’s definitely a habit I need to work on.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
No, but I should. I know it wouldn’t hurt for me to be getting more iron and calcium.
11. How often do you eat out?
A month ago the answer to this would have been 2-3 times a week but thankfully August and I have been making a real effort to eat in more often. Right now it’s usually once a week though we had one week where we didn’t eat out at all! Definitely a first for us.
12. Do you eat fast food?
If Chipotle is considered fast food, then yes.
13. Who is your biggest supporter?
August. He never complains when I try making new recipes and he even discovered one of his favorite veggies is brussel sprouts!
14. Do you have a gym membership?
Yes, but it’s currently sorely under-used. Can’t even remember the last time I went.
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
A lot! August says he’s never met anyone who needs and gets as much sleep as me. I usually go to bed around 9-9:30 pm (unless I fall asleep at 8:30 watching TV) and get up at 6 am.
16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
No. If I’m really craving something then I’ll eat it. Lately I’ve tried extra hard to make well-rounded meals and sometimes “well-rounded” happens to mean chips and ice cream.
17. Do you drink alcohol?
With the whole gluten-free thing we don’t have a lot of options as far as alcohol goes so we don’t drink much. But when we do it’s almost always Wood Chuck.
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
Yes, if dogs count. No, if we’re referring to humans only. I consider my workout time “me time”.
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
I’m a much nicer and happier person when I’m regularly exercising and making an effort to eat healthier. It really makes such a mental and emotional difference for me.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
Took the dogs on a quick 2 mile walk last night.